Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chocolate Malted Cupcakes

Whipped up some chocolate malted cupcakes for Justin's 25th. He's a sucker for fountain soda, that's why I added the malt.


In case you do not know what malt is :

Wikipedia: The term "malt" refers to several products of the process:

  • the grains to which this process has been applied, for example malted barley;
  • the sugar, heavy in maltose, derived from such grains, such as the baker's malt used in various cereals; or
  • a product based on malted milk, similar to a malted milkshake (i.e., "malts")

The icing got a little messed up while I was transporting them. Not to mention the scorching heat from the Malaysian sun. Sigh.

I liked the malt taste though. It had this zingy sort of feeling, something different in a cupcake. I'm definitely putting this on my bakeshop menu.


0 comments: